The weather can be cold or wet (or both) in February and the days are short and sometimes misty, so the following kit is mandatory. Whilst you may be able to run fast and keep warm, there may be times, such as encountering an injured runner, where you need to stop fora period of time.
- Waterproof jacket
- Hat or Buff and gloves
- Route description and map in waterproof case
- Front / rear high-viz item (to be worn in poor visibility)
- Whistle and small compass
- Fully-charged mobile phone in waterproof bag with volume set to FULL.
The following items are highly recommended:
- Headtorch and spare batteries (only for leg 3)
- Small high-energy snack (e.g. gel, chocolate, energy bar)
- Spare warm clothing item in waterproof bag (e.g. long-sleeve running top)
- Waterproof or windproof trousers
There will be random kit checks and people without kit will be qualified. Race “Kit” can be shared between relay runners.